Positive Affirmations in Times of Stress
Are you ready to take back your life?
Already in this day and age of technological progress, it is well known that our stress levels are higher than they were for our parents and grandparents. Add to that the unprecedented public health crisis brought on by the novel coronavirus pandemic; many today in lockdown are experiencing new levels of anxieties due to these newly introduced environmental conditions.
As we face a potential second wave of even stricter lockdowns, our body's ability to handle the short-term first wave have now moved into new levels of chronic stress from the emotional pressure suffered for a prolonged period of time. With seemingly no end in sight to this pandemic, many individuals perceive they have little or no control and long-term exposure to stress may lead to alcoholism, depression, fear, abuse and physical ailments and disease.
The Good News
The good news is that there is something you can do right now while in quarantine, from the comfort of your chair, to take back some modicum of control to combat the persistent negativity and strife. Following is a way you can quickly and simply add an element of positivity to your life to help you improve the way you feel right this moment.
What Are Daily Affirmations?
Daily affirmations are simple, positive statements declaring specific goals in their completed states. To affirm something is to acknowledge it into your core being. Even though they are basic phrases, these empowering mantras have profound effects on the conscious and unconscious mind.
- Affirmations are a repetitive form of positive self-talk
- Affirmations are brief recitations to empower and reprogram you (think of them as mini mind programs)
- Affirmations can help you gain pinpoint clarity
- Affirmations help reveal and release blocks
- Affirmations are gentle and similar to flower remedies
- Affirmations allow the present moment to flow and the brain to respond with positivity and strength
List of Affirmations
Following is a list of some of my favorite affirmations. Try them for yourself. Repeat as often as you wish.
- Loving others is easy when I love and accept myself
- I am ready, willing and able to heal
- My body heals quickly and easily
- I trust in the process of life
- I AM balance and harmony
- I love, approve and accept myself for who I am right now
- I AM health
- I AM safe
- I AM love
- My body is filled with love and perfect health
- I have an endless purse; when money goes out, more money comes in
- I AM lucky, fortunate and successful in life
- I AM a good money manager
- I have all that I need; all my needs are met
- Love is the key that opens every door for anything that I want and I use the key of love to open the door to my new ______________
- I lovingly forgive and release all of the past
- I choose to fill my world with joy
- Now is the appointed time and today is the day of my amazing great fortune
- I AM healthy, wealthy and wise
- I AM young, youthful and beautiful
- I AM happy, healthy and whole
How do you know that these affirmations work? Often when we are in the middle of something we "can't see the forest for the trees'; we're too close to the outcome and have certain expectations. It's easy to spot progress with affirmations by how you feel in the moment; a little happier, calmer and more centered. Also, begin to look around your world, not for what is the same, but for what is now different. You will begin to discover little nuances and subtle changes as well as more direct changes around you. Surely a positive sign of more positivity!
I encourage you to imbue your life with thoughts of positivity, healthy eating and proper supplements, balanced fitness, harmonious outcomes, and embracing love. Keep your heart open to giving and receiving love, for the world reflects what and who you are at all times.